Salary: £15,800 p.a. pro rata; 37.25 hours a week
Contact: Alison Lever firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: week commencing 9/12/2013
Start Date: 20/01/2014
Reports to the Music Librarian. Strong operating links to Orchestra Manager, Leaders and Section Leaders.
The Assistant Music Librarian must have a comprehensive knowledge of the orchestral and symphonic choral repertoire and be able to work on his/her own initiative.
- To assist and on occasion act on behalf of the Hallé’s Music Librarian with the following specific responsibilities:
- Checking all material, both hire and purchase, on its arrival in the library.
- Checking the string sets to ensure that they are consistently bowed, running repairs to both hire material and Hallé stock.
- Sharing the responsibility of making up new sets of material from various forms of masters, and preparing them for performance.
- Managing all practice material for extras and trialists and the provision of extra practice copies for string sections, keeping accurate records, especially with regard to original performing material and conducting scores.
- As required, padding, de-padding, sorting, checking and returning material to the shelves and to the hire libraries after use with particular attention to missing material.
- Attending rehearsals and concerts where necessary, deputising for the Music Librarian.
- Any other tasks reasonably requested by the Music Librarian or Concerts Director.
Essential skills and abilities
- Understanding of, and enthusiasm for, orchestral music
- Ability to work both in a team and on own initiative
- Ability to work to specific deadlines
- Excellent administrative skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Calm unflappable personality
Other desirable skills and experience
- Professional involvement with large-scale musical performance
- Music Degree or equivalent
- Clean driving licence
For further details and an application form, visit the website at www.halle.co.uk/employment-opportunities