Start date: June 2013. Duration: 2 years
Salary: £31,500 – £38,275 per annum + London weighting (£3,300)
Closing date: 21st April
Take their global creative network to the next level: lead the planning and delivery of the refreshed Young Creative Entrepreneur (YCE) programme to ensure it is relevant and sustainable for the future.
The British Council’s Young Creative Entrepreneur
(YCE) programme identifies and supports innovative entrepreneurs in the creative industries around the world, particularly in emerging markets. With over 4000 participants from 53 countries, this network is full of talented change makers, operating at the intersection of culture, enterprise and technology for economic and social impact in their local and global communities. The talent, ideas and possibilities within this pool is extraordinary – we are looking for an amazing individual to help realise this potential and revitalise the programme.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
– refine the criteria to find the next generation of creative innovators working at the intersection of culture, digital technology and enterprise for the good of their communities and economies.
– initiate new partnerships including sponsorship or other sources of funding
– build platforms which share learning and responses to global challenges and support a more dynamic and independent creative sector
– find new ways to work with the existing network, catalysing greater collaboration and resulting products and services
– consider how to keep a sectoral focus (e.g. music or design) where appropriate
– extend the programme’s opportunities to more creative entrepreneurs in the UK, in partnership with other relevant networks and agencies
– raise the profile and visibility with key audiences
– connect the scheme with the wider Creative Economy programme and other British Council work where appropriate