Job Role: Director
Salary: Highly attractive, commensurate with the scale and responsibilities of the role
Deadline: Monday 3rd March 2014
Contact: Mary Deegan email@example.com
The Museum of Science & Industry (MoSI), a member of the Science Museum Group, is seeking a new Director to lead the organisation through the next stage of its development. MoSI occupies one of the nation’s most historic industrial heritage sites, telling the story of where science met industry and the modern world began, whilst advancing Manchester as a 21st century city of science.
Since becoming part of the Science Museum Group in 2012, MoSI has initiated a Masterplan to realise its ambition to be an internationally significant museum with a strong Manchester personality. A dynamic forward programme is in place and a range of priority projects have been identified for development and delivery over the next ten years which will transform the Museum’s site and its appeal to a broad range of visitors.
In the new Director, we are seeking an inspiring leader, able to operate effectively at a strategic level both in their leadership of MoSI and, in the broader Science Museum Group as a member of the Executive Team. Among many skills and attributes you will need, as a minimum, to:
- be magnetically attracted to Manchester and the potential which the City’s cultural and academic power offers MoSI as it raises its game
- have held a substantial leadership role in a cultural organisation
- have creative vision, high standards and an ability to define the direction of the Museum’s programme to deliver a compelling offer
- be an excellent networker and communicator with good stakeholder management skills
- have a keen interest in the industrial heritage and contemporary science stories represented by the MoSI collection.
For more information and an application pack, please contact: Mary Deegan of Liz Amos Associates on +44 (0)20 7884 9201 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday 3rd March 2014.