Subscribe to the STUN newsletter to receive all the latest jobs, opportunities and events. Please note:
- We only use the data you give us permission to use for the purpose of contacting you with information about events and workshops, or with news about artists we’re supporting.
- This data will never be used for any other purpose or given to third parties.
- We will send you newsletters via email. Our newsletters currently go out approximately every quarter.
- Your data is stored on a password protected, secure server, with a separate mailing platform, who take all the appropriate steps to keep your data safe.
- Please notify us at any time if you would like to be removed from our mailing list.
Do let us know if you have any questions. We can be contacted via email: email@example.com or you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of every newsletter.
Sustained Theatre Up North (STUN) is committed to protecting your personal information, and being transparent about what information we hold about you.
Using personal information allows us to develop a better understanding of STUN’s audiences, and, in turn, to provide you with relevant and timely information about the work we produce and artists we support in Manchester and beyond.
The purpose of this policy is to give you a clear explanation about how Sustained Theatre Up North (STUN) collects and uses the information we collect from you directly, and from third parties.
We use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information. This policy explains:
• What information we may collect about you;
• How we may use that information;
• In what situations we may disclose your details to third parties;
• Information about how we keep your personal information secure, how long we maintain it for, and your rights to be able to access it.
If you have any queries about this policy, please contact the Data Protection Officer at STUN firstname.lastname@example.org
We collect various types of information and in a number of ways:
Information you give us — for example, when you subscribe to our STUN e-news online or in person, or fill in a post-show feedback form, we’ll store personal information you give us such as your name, email address, post code.
Information about your interactions with us — for example, when you visit our website we collect information about how you interact with our content, or when we send you an email we store a record of this and keep a record of which ones you have opened and which links you have clicked on.
Information from third parties — we occasionally receive information about you from third parties. For example, we may use third party research companies to provide general information about you, compiled using publicly available data.
Sensitive personal data — Data Protection law recognises that certain categories of personal information are more sensitive such as health information, race, religious beliefs, and political opinions. We only collect this type of information when there is a clear reason for doing so, i.e. for monitoring equality of opportunity when you complete a post-show feedback form, and this data is stored anonymously.
There are three bases under which we may process your data:
Contract purposes — when you make a purchase from us or make a donation to us, you are entering into a contract with us. In order to perform this contract we need to process and store your data. For example we may need to contact you by email or telephone in the case of cancellation of a show, or in the case of problems with your payment.
Legitimate business interests — in certain situations we collect and process your personal data for purposes that are in our legitimate organisational interests; however, we only do this if there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information in this way. We describe below all situations where we may use this basis for processing.
With your explicit consent — for any situations where the two bases above are not appropriate, we will instead ask for your explicit consent before using your personal information in that specific situation.
We aim to communicate with you about BAME artists in Manchester and beyond in ways that you find relevant, timely and respectful. To do this we use data that we have stored about you, including any preferences you may have told us about.
We use our legitimate organisational interest as the legal basis for communications by email (we will not communicate with you by post) and we will provide you with an option to unsubscribe in every email that we send you, or you can alternatively use the contact details at the end of this policy.
We may also contact you about our work by telephone; however, we will always get explicit consent from you before doing this. Please bear in mind that this does not apply to telephone calls that we may need to make to you related to any donations or purchases (as above).
Other processing activities
In addition to marketing communications, we also process personal information in the following ways that are within our legitimate organisational interests:
• We may analyse data we hold about you to ensure that the content and timing of communications that we send you are as relevant to you as possible.
• In order to improve our website we may analyse information about how you use it, and the content that you interact with.
In all of the above cases we will always keep your rights and interests at the forefront to ensure they are not overridden by your own interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. You have the right to object to any of this processing at any time. If you wish to do this, please use the contact details at the end of this policy. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above that are for your benefit.
There are certain circumstances under which we may disclose your personal information to third parties. These are as follows:
• To our own service providers who process data on our behalf and on our instructions. In these cases we require that these third parties comply strictly with our instructions and with data protection laws, for example around security of personal data.
• Where we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
• To specific named visiting artists/companies whose performance you may have seen at an event. In these cases we will always ask for your explicit consent before doing so.
• To specific named partner organisations (for example a host venue or festival) we work with to present performance at a STUN event. In these cases we will always ask for your explicit consent before doing so.
Cookies are small text files that are automatically placed onto your device by some websites that you visit. They are widely used to allow a website to function as well to provide website operators with information on how the site is being used.
Maintaining your personal information
We store your personal information indefinitely such that we are able to link back to a unique record that we hold for you.
If there are aspects of your record that are inaccurate or that you would like to remove, you can usually do this by logging in to your Mailchimp account from the footer of an email you have received from us. Alternatively please use the contact details at the end of this policy.
Any objections you make to any processing of your data will be stored against your record on our system so that we can comply with your requests.
Security of your personal information
We will put in place appropriate safeguards (both in terms of our procedures and the technology we use) to keep your personal information as secure as possible. We will ensure that any third parties we use for processing your personal information do the same.
We will not transfer, process or store your data anywhere that is outside of the European Economic Area.
Your rights to your personal information
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in this data corrected. Please use the contact details at the end of this policy if you would like to exercise this right.
Contact details + further information
Sustained Theatre Up North (STUN), c/o Z-arts, 335 Stretford Road, Manchester, M15 5ZA | email@example.com